We’re re-opening our lobby!
Beginning Monday, June 1, 2020, we’re ecstatic to let you know we are re-opening the lobby to our Main office at 9000 Kanis Rd, Little Rock. However, our branches in the Little Rock and North Little Rock hospital locations will remain closed until further notice. We will continue to monitor any developments in these locations.
Please know, we’re making the safety and wellness of our family and members a priority as we begin to see you in-person again. You may notice it will feel a little different because we want to proceed with caution, so we ask that you continue to practice safe and healthy illness prevention methods inside our facilities moving forward. If guidelines are not followed, we reserve the right to close our facilities to protect our staff and you.
We ask everyone visiting the credit union office to adhere to the following guidelines:
• Please do not enter if you have a cough, shortness of breath or a fever or have had fever within the past 48 hours. Please stay home if feeling ill.
• Sneeze or cough into the inside of your elbow or use a tissue to cover your mouth and nose.
• We LOVE our members and are always happy to see you. For your safety and ours, we will abstain from contact like handshakes, hugs, etc. Please maintain a minimum 6-foot distance from other people. Please follow the floor decals while conducting business in our branches.
•Please use hand sanitizer upon entry and exit of the branch.
• For safety and security, please remove your face covering long enough so our staff can properly identify you.
• There are to be no more than 4 members in the building at any time. If you see 4 or more people in the lobby, please wait in the vestibule or outside until one leaves.
• Once your transaction has been completed, please exit the building so that others who are waiting may enter.
• If possible, please come in alone unless you have small children.
• You can also conduct business remotely through our home banking and mobile apps. Contact one of our staff members for more information or check out our website. (501-202-2373)
Thank you for your kind understanding as we navigate these new protocols. We appreciate your patience. Remember, kindness is contagious too. TOGETHER, we can make a positive difference during this time. Stay up to date with Credit Union news, announcements, special promotions, etc by following us on Facebook, Twitter, or our website at www.baptist-healthfcu.com .
COVID-19 Member Assistance– 4/8/2020
Baptist Health Federal Credit Union recognizes that the COVID-19 pandemic has and will impact the lives of our members. Since 1959 BHFCU has a history of assisting its members, especially in times of need. BHFCU has set up the following offers for members who have been affected by this terrible and evolving virus:
- If you currently have a CD with us, we will waive any early withdrawal fees for early redemption of CDs in order to accommodate your needs.
- If your finances have been impacted by this pandemic, BHFCU is allowing up to 3 months of deferred payments on Consumer Loans with no loan extension/skip a pay fees. With these deferrals, the term of your Consumer Loans will be extended up to 3 months. Interest will still accrue during this extended period. Required forms will need to be filled out for these deferrals. Contact a loan officer for eligibility.
- If you have a Christmas Club with us, we will waive any early withdrawals fees or account closure fees.
- To make more of your funds available, we have temporarily increased your ATM cash withdrawal limits. We are offering low interest rates on loans. This could benefit you to refinance your current high interest loans you may have with another lender to Baptist Health FCU and save money on your monthly payments and the total amount of interest you would have to pay. Take up to 90 days for your first payment is due! (NO application fees, NO loan processing fees).
- We have also made personal loans more readily available to help you get through these times. Amounts range from as little as $500 up to $10,000.00. (certain restrictions and requirements apply).As we navigate these unchartered times, BHFCU takes the credit union philosophy of “people helping people” to heart. As conditions continue to evolve concerning this pandemic, BHFCU is ready to respond to assist and support you. Together we are stronger and we can and will get through all of this. Contact us at 501-202-2373.
Letter From the President- Posted March 19, 2020
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve and more cases are confirmed, Baptist Health FCU is taking significant steps to protect the health, well-being and safety of our members and employees. In an effort to help limit the spread of this virus, EFFECTIVE Friday, March 20th, we will close all our lobbies to member and vendor traffic, including our branches in Little Rock and North Little Rock, until further notice. However, our drive thru located at 9000 Kanis Rd, Little Rock will be open with no changes to our current business hours. (M, T, T, F, 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM and 9:00 am to 5:00 PM Wed.)
Beginning Friday, for all transactions that cannot occur by the drive thru, phone or on-line, you can call 501-202-2373 to schedule an appointment with one of our loan officers or member service representatives. You can also contact us by email at Contact@baptist-healthfcu.com .
We will continue to monitor and follow the protocol and guidance of the CDC and our local, state, and national government and will update you through our website, www.baptist-healthfcu.com , Facebook, Twitter and e-mail as the situation evolves over the coming days.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you, but we have many free electronic services in place to allow you to transact business anytime, anywhere.
- Online: www.baptist-healthfcu.com
- Our mobile Apps are available on the App store and Google Play
- Telephone Teller: 501-202-2373 or toll free 800-604-6802
- Nationwide surcharge free ATMs through the Money Pass network www.moneypass.com
- Direct Deposit of your Paycheck/government benefits
- Remote Deposit of Checks Using our Mobile App
- Bill Pay
You can still apply for loans and credit union membership on-line, by phone or fax.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these uncertain times. Please understand that we will do everything we possibly can to provide the great service that you have come to expect from Baptist Health FCU. Thank you for being a member of Baptist Health Federal Credit Union and remember, we are stronger together.
Stay well, remain calm and God bless.
Mike Gorman, President/CEO