The Baptist Health Federal Credit Union Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae.
For borrowers attending degree granting institutions.
Now you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates!
The loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans. With college costs growing fast, it’s time to borrow smarter. Get Started Here.
The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits:
- A choice of competitive rates for undergraduate students1
Competitive, variable interest rates from 3.00% APR to 10.01% APR. We also offer fixed interest rates from 5.74% APR to 11.85% APR.
- Lower your interest rate2
Receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction while enrolled for making scheduled monthly payments by automatic debit.
- Get the money you need3
Borrow up to 100% of the school-certified cost of attendance.
- Choose the repayment option that’s best for you1
Deferred Repayment Option, Fixed Repayment Option, or Interest Repayment Option.
- Study StarterSM
Choose up to 120 free tutoring minutes with Chegg TutorsTM or free access to Chegg Study®.4
Applying online is easy—it only takes about 15 minutes to apply and get a credit result.
You’ll choose your repayment option during the application process.
Apply with a cosigner
- If a parent or other creditworthy individual cosigns the loan with you, it may give you a better chance of approval.
- Cosigner release available5
- You may apply to release your cosigner from the loan after you graduate, make 12 on-time principal and interest payments and meet certain credit requirements.
Lower rates for graduate students1
Variable interest rates from 3.00% APR to 7.97% APR. Fixed interest rates from 5.74% APR to 8.56% APR.
Graduated Repayment Period
The Smart Option Student Loan is the only nationwide private student loan offering a Graduated Repayment Period feature6, providing budget flexibility for graduating students. Students who graduate and maintain their Sallie Mae loans in good standing can request to make 12 interest-only payments instead of full principal and interest payments after their separation period.7